Monday, December 22, 2014

Finding What Motivates You

Sometimes finding your motivation is not as easy as black and white.  For me, I know that I want to get more fit so that I can ride better, but finding a source of motivation that keeps me working out day to day can be frustrating.

About six months ago I joined a gym, and for the most part I've been doing pretty well, but lately I've hit a plateau, and I've found myself frustrated and thus avoiding the source of my frustration...the gym.

I recognized that I was avoiding my source of frustration and creating a circular issue of being frustrated with myself for not working out and getting in shape, so I wasn't getting in shape, so I was frustrated that I wasn't seeing results, which made me avoid the gym...whew, pass the potato chips would ya?!

A good friend of mine recently became a certified personal trainer, and she is also an equestrian, so I met up with her last week for my first ever personal training session.  We took my body measurements and my BMI, and completed a (tough) workout.  I realized that having the accountability of being measured and having a better system than the scale to see results would be a more tangible motivation for me.  So I've signed up with my friend for once a week sessions, and hopefully I'll be reporting good results soon!


Check out my friend Courtney's program by searching "Goss Equestrian Fitness" on Facebook! 

Oh yoga mat, bane of my existence!

No comments:

Post a Comment